Monday, March 26, 2012

No Time

When I was growing up, my mom worked first shift in a factory from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM. My school hours were 8:05 AM to 3:20 PM.  I got home at 3:45, and my mom got home a few minutes later. We ate dinner at 5:00-ish every day. Bedtime was 8:00 until I was a teen. That equaled 4 hours every day mom spent with us.

I work 8:30 to 4:30. I drop Jonah and Riley off at ROCK at 7:40. I drop Morley off at daycare at 8:00. I pick up Morley between 4:45 and 5:00.  I pick up Jonah and Riley between 5:20 and 5:30. I struggle to get dinner on the table by 6:00.  We have to squeeze in homework and a bath before bed. The kids go to bed at 8:00.

I feel like I get no quality time with my children during the week. I feel like the worst mom because I'm always rushed and always stressed. There's not much I can do about this situation, because I have to work. I don't have any answers, only seemingly-unfixable problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment