Monday, December 24, 2012

You can shake it

Traveling with our kids usually ends one of two ways: I either end up laughing so hard I nearly pee pants, or I cry.

Yesterday was Hoover Christmas. Hoover family events require driving an hour and a half each way. After being loved on and sugared up for four hours, this happened on the drive home:


Morley [after seeing a cow move in a pasture]: That cow's head moved! I thought it was a robot cow!


***



Sarah, Dan and I were having a conversation about someone who we joke can do no wrong. Jonah heard the tail end of it.

Jonah: Who walked on water?
Me: Jesus
Sarah: He also turned water into wine.
Jonah: You know who else did something with water?
[expectant pause]
Dan: Jack Daniels.


****


Riley: People don't have tails.
Jonah: Yes they do. You can't touch it, but you can shake it.


****

Aunt Sarah (who often rides with us to family stuff): Do you like what Santa gave you?
Morley: I told Santa I want Hello Kitty Legos and a Hello Kitty penny bank. He did it wrong. [She got Cinderella Squinkies.]


****

So....no crying on the drive home yesterday. I'm still laughing about Dan's Jack Daniels comment. I love my family so much and I'm so very very grateful that they make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment